Base Name: NAVAL MEDICAL CENTER PORTSMOUTH
Description: As the U.S. Navy’s oldest continuously-operating hospital, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth has proudly served past and present military members and their families since 1830. The medical center includes nine branch clinics and offers research and teaching programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen.
Population: 2,646 active duty, 3,622 dependents
- Main Phone: (757) 953-5000/5008/2600
- Information and referral services: (757) 953-5000
- Appointments: (866) 645-4584
- Temporary lodging: (757) 953-6889 (Fisher House)
- Commissary number: See Norfolk Naval Shipyard (757) 393-1776